Re: addToolVersion.sh

On 1/3/19 1:04 AM, Frans de Boer wrote:
On 03-01-19 04:11, Alexey Neyman wrote:
That section in the docs (which mentions addToolVersion.sh) is outdated and needs to be updated. Please file an issue; my laptop broke so I am without a machine where I can do ct-ng development at this time.

I am not sure where you found a reference to gen-version.sh; I couldn't find any in current crosstool-NG, nor in its docs.

The current procedure to add a new version of a component is to:
1. Copy/create a directory for a new version under packages/PACKAGE-NAME/ 2. Verify the package signature, update the checksums for all downloads, check if the patches apply (and if necessary, update the patches). All that is done by running maintainer/manage-packages.sh script; run it without arguments to get some help.

Regards,
Alexey.