Re: [crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng] bc9ed3: Adds Raspberry Pi 3 sample config

> On Mar 2, 2016, at 10:23 PM, Mike Ray <mike@raspberryvi.org> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> Good to know it's not just me being an idiot!  I was hoping to use a
> toolchain generated with ct-ng to build a 64-bit root file-system using
> buildroot or just using the toolchain with cross-LFS.

Indeed! Thatâs the spirit! :)

> I will continue to tinker and at the same time wait to see if there are
> changes to this sample.

There may only be one change to the sample, one line added, but the real change will happen in two files (maybe 3). And really, they arenât big changes.

> It's true that at the moment there are only 32-bit images available.  I
> expect ArchARM to come up with a 64-bit image soon enough though.

Indeed, but someone has to push the edge and give it a go?

I need to get myself a PI3. I have to wait till the 15th to order mine, but that doesnât mean I canât start getting ct-ng there. I know there are others out there waiting for aarch64 support, so letâs do this.

> Mike

Cheers,

-Bryan