Re: crosstool-NG Debian packaging

Thomas,

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 5:05 AM, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Chris Packham,
>
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 03:55:07 +0000, Chris Packham wrote:
>
>> I also notice that the tarball from github[1] has some unfortunate paths
>> in it, "crosstool-ng-crosstool-ng-1.22.0" which makes packaging it a bit
>> of a pain (1.21.0 also seems to have the same issue).
>
> That's because Bryan uses "crosstool-ng-X.Y.Z" as tag names, so when
> github generates tarballs of the form <projectname>-<tagname> you get
> two times the crosstool-ng part. The tags should be named just X.Y.Z.

Technically, I am following the same convention that Yann E. MORIN did his tags, so âs/Bryan/Yann/gâ, but you are correct.
On the other hand, the archive release that github has does not have bootstrap ran, and is not GPG signed, therefore I recommend getting the archive from the crosstool-ng.org link insteadâ as Iâve already mentioned.

Cheers,

-Bryan