Re: Blackfin, uClibc-ng, and fdpic

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reinoud,
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Reinoud Koornstra
> <reinoudkoornstra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Bryan,
>>
>> I suspected so.
>> At home I was able to build uclibc-ng with gcc 5.1.0 I believe, let me
>> check for the config.
>> It was 1.5 or 2 months ago that I tried, that, but it might depend on
>> the options you select for uclibc-ng.
>> Thanks for trying.
>> Let me get back to you tonight.
>
> You can reproduce what I have by:
> git clone https://github.com/bhundven/crosstool-ng
> cd crosstool-ng
> git checkout uclibc-ng
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure --enable-local
> make
> ct-ng bfin-unknown-linux-uclibc
> ct-ng build
>
> By default it will use gcc-5.2.0, but you can change that with `ct-ng
> menuconfig`.
> I just updated the pull request so that it also has the patch needed
> for gcc for gcc 4.9.2 and 4.9.3.

I noticed another problem today, where blackfin sets CROSS_COMPILE in
linux to bfin-uclinux- if CROSS_COMPILE is not set. I am updating the
pull request so CROSS_COMPILE is set for creating the linux headers.

I also noticed that in the crosstool-ng scripts/build/libc/uClibc.sh
script, we set CROSS="${CT_TARGET}-", but maybe that is something from
an older uClibc?
It should be setting CROSS_COMPILE, just like the kernel. I'm updating
the pull request right now. But the same  problem occurs. Has anyone
else been able to figure this out?

-Bryan