Re: Error build toolchain for arm

Jerry,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Jerry Stralko <gerb.stralko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey Bryan,
>>
>> Thank you for your help.  I believe I'm being a bit confusing and I
>> apologies.  So maybe I try and explain a little bit and hopefully get this
>> toolchain built.  So what I did was:
>>
>> dnf provides *\libtermcap
>>
>> This command will show what packages have the libtermcap library.  So what I
>> did was install ncurses-devel, mingw64-termcap-static, and mingw64-termcap
>> packages.  I rerun ./ct-ng build again and got the same error.  So I
>> installed the i686 version of those packages thinking it wants the 32 bit
>> version.  Again ./ct-ng build failed at the same spot.  However the spot it
>> seem to fail at is gdb-cross.  I'm assuming that is the gdb server piece
>> that needs to be crossed compiled for ARM.  At least that is what i'm
>> thinking since I have libtermcap library installed for both 64 and 32 x86
>> architecture.
>>
>> When I do (from the commandline)
>>
>> $> ld -ltermcap
>> ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; not setting start address
>>
>> I see that the library has been found.   So I began looking for the termcap
>> library for ARM.  I figured fedora repo would be a great spot and then I
>> could just extract library from an RPM package and manually install the
>> library. Which is why the URL say fedora 22 since that is the repo I found
>> while google around.
>>
>> So yes I know i'm on F21, but I just wanted to find an ARM version of the
>> the packages that contain the libtermcap.
>>
>> Or am I way off on this?  I can post the full bulid.log if that is helpful.
>> Does any of this make sense or am I way off.
>>
>> Again I really appreciate your help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> I think you are very confused. There isn't any requirement for mingw
> packages for this build.
> I don't have a fedora install, so I'm installing 21 to a vm right now,
> as I don't understand your problem and I am confused.

I started off with a clean install of fedora 23 beta. I'm doing beta
first because it shouldn't be long (a few days?) until the release is
scheduled. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/23/Schedule

After installing the default installation I finished answering the
install wizard after logging in and opened a terminal.

I ran: dnf -y distro-sync
to make sure all of the packages were up to date and rebooted.

After restarting, I logged in and opened a terminal again.
Git was installed by default, so I cloned down crosstool-ng.

None of the development tools were installed, so I installed the two
development groups:
sudo dnf -y groupinstall "Development Tools" "C Development Tools and Libraries"

I also installed: gperf, texinfo, patch, libstdc++-static,
glibc-static, expat-devel, expat-static and ncurses-devel

sudo dnf -y install gperf texinfo patch libstdc++-static glibc-static
expat-devel expat-static ncurses-devel

Changed to the directory where crosstool-ng was cloned. Ran
'./bootstrap', ran './configure --prefix="$HOME/.local"'. Then I ran
"make" then "make install".

I created a directory in my home directory called: "build/tc/" and
changed into it.
I made a directory called: arm-cortexa5-linux-uclibcgnueabihf
Then I changed into it and ran: ct-ng arm-cortexa5-linux-uclibcgnueabihf
Then I typed: ct-ng build

And the build finished successfully.

Did you make some other change to your
arm-cortexa5-linux-uclibcgnueabihf config before the build?
Do you have a build log?