cannot generate cross tools for powerpc

Hi

I am using ct-ng version 1.21.0

I have sucessfully built cross tools for ARM and POWER
for bare metal and EABI

Now I am trying to build for linux with gnueabi.

When I try the sample powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu it works,
but it does not use gnueabi...

When I type gnueabi as the ABI name in the target options
of the menuconfig, then the build fails in building gcc pass1
saying gnueabi is unknown ??

When I use the default in menu config
then I get an error saying it fails in abi-tag

Any idea ?

Thanks
Vania