Re: scripts: add support for overriding the arch name in the tuple

Willy, All,

On Monday 21 January 2013 Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:30:18AM +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
[--SNIP--]
> > A few comments:
> >   - missing SoB line
[--SNIP--]
> Do you want me to repost the whole mail or are you OK with me just adding
> my SOB here, since you rebuilt the whole commit message above ?
>     =>  Signed-off-by: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>

OK, thank you. I'll add it locally.

[--SNIP--]
> > IMHO, giving the user the ability to completely overide the arch-part is
> > opening the door to complete mayhem. I'm a bit uneasy with that.
>
> Well, I thought about it differently. The x86 mess is a good example of
> something where the very first chars are replaced. The CPUs are not named
> x86_i386 but just i386 for example. I don't know if other archs are used
> to have completely different names in their tuple for small variants of
> the CPU. For example, I don't know if there will be any intent to force
> names between arm* and aarch64* (just an example).
>
> I would say that using an ARCH_SUFFIX as you suggest satisfies my needs
> *at the moment*. I'm just not certain it's the case for everyone :-/
> Maybe someone else has any opinion on this based on another experience ?

OK, no need to over-engineer this. I'll change your patch to add a suffix.

Then, *when* and *of* the case arises, we'll see what to do for those
architectures that want to replace the arch-part of their tuple.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.