crosstool-NG hangs during PPL instalation

Hi Yann,

I've pinpointed the issue down to PPL. I don't know what to make of it.

GMP installs fine. PPL checks how to link against GMP and finds out -lgmp and -lgmpxx. Then it searches for 4.3.1 GMP libs, it fails to find them. I cracked opened the configure file and commented out the lines that say they cant find the libs because they have to be there, they installed in the previous step ffs. I even made sure to sudo make install it before running crosstool-ng.

Anyway, once I got over that I hit a build error in PPL. Concerning a PPL_SIZEOF_MP_LIMB_T define. Which is nowhere to be found really.
I know this isn't the place for that error. But I've been reading the ppl list as well and it seems that some people have big issues with PPL not being able to find GMP 4.3.1 even though they have a higher version (sometimes even 5.0.5).

So now i'm hacking manually trying to get PPL to build. The funny thing is that if i just go to crosstool-ng/.build/src/ppl-1.11.2 and run ./configure it won't hit any of the problems mentioned above. Even when I use the same configuration line from companion_libs/ppl.sh. It even makes when I run 'make all'. But it doesn't from the script. It either breaks on finding GMP, finding GMP or finding it's own define.

This might be useful to note:
"

Anyway, I noticed that your
suggested command:
/usr/bin/sed -f ./ppl-config.sed>ppl-config.h
made little sense, so I dug in the Makefile, realized that you meant
something like:
/usr/bin/sed -f ./ppl-config.sed config.h>  ppl-config.h

" This didn't really help me but it might help you or other people that get stuck on this.

I tried forcing PPL to use the GMP in the same .build/src folder with the --with-gmp-build=<folder> config option but no dice. In the end I gave up and pasted

#define PPL_SIZEOF_MP_LIMB_T 8
in the globals.defines.hh and that took care of it. It built with the sudo ./ct-ng build process.

Until I hit many many undefined PPL references during cloog build.

Please help me or advise... PPL is killing me...
P.S. is there a way to skip certain steps? Or skip right to a certain step? I think i've seen GMP and MPFR build enough times...

Thanks in advance,
Aleksandar

*Aleksandar Milenkovic*
Software Engineer