How to build glib, etc. for non-standard location

Background:
Got a NAS with a fairly old glibc/c++ implementation.  Would like to install and run programs that depend on newer versions of these libraries.  Since the standard libraries are in /lib stored on a DOM (i.e., flash memory, can't just override them), I would like to use a non-/lib location, hosted on the NAS drives, e.g., /raid/data/module/ModBase2/system/{lib,bin,sbin,etc...}

I am building the toolchain on an Ubuntu 12, with a system tuple of i686-pc-linux-gnu; and targetting (for the NAS) i686-nptl-linux-gnu.

Issue:
I got some of the configurations done (i.e., --prefix=/raid/data/modules/ModBase2/system to make sure they get installed there).  But some of the libraries that get built with the cross-gcc (i686-nptl-linux-gnu-gcc) still have references to /lib in them (investigated using ldd).

Question:
How can I configure the toolchain to compile/install a set of standard glibc/c++ to use, 100% of the time, a non-standard location, e.g., /raid/data/modules/ModBase2/system?

Attached is my .config for crostools-ng.

Thank you ...