Re: [CT-NG] Future of the project

On 1 April 2012 00:28, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@free.fr> wrote:
> they have hired me as Chief Toolchain Officer in charge of the
> Departement of Tools and Compilation at Microsoft.

A few years back, someone published a similar AF for the Glasgow
Haskell Compiler (GHC) saying that it was going to become a Microsoft
product.
  A couple of months later, Simon Peyton-Jones, their leading light,
sold out to Microsoft Research, taking GHC and its development with
him. I later attended a Haskell seminar in which the presentation
about Reliable Software in Haskell couldn't use their slides because
were trying to run their "reliable software" on a Windows laptop. I
had to laugh!
  Later, GHC then became the first Debian package that couldn't be
compiled on ARM because the code segment of its executable file was
larger than 32MB. I had to cry!

So good luck! I look forward to the "Build GHC" checkbox ;-)

(Actually, it would be quite cool if you were given that honour! :)