Re: Built arm-none-eabi with multilib for x86_64-unkown-linux-gnu with crosstool-ng-1.14.0

Trevor, All,

On Thursday 02 February 2012 13:40:28 Trevor Woerner wrote:
> I built the arm-cortex_a8-linux-gnueabi sample and enabled multilib:
[--SNIP--]
> When I ask the compiler to list the multilibs I get:
>
> $ ./arm-cortex_a8-linux-gnueabi-gcc -print-multi-lib
> .;
>
> I only have a little experience with multilib-enabled tools, but I
> assume something is missing?

I was not able to build a multi-lib ARM Linux EABI toolchain so far.

Looking at the code in gcc, it seems that all multi-lib definitions
are nuked-out for arm*-*-linux-*gnueabi tupples.

OTOH, the multi-lib _code_ in crosstool-NG works, as I was able to build a
Sparc multi-lib toolchain (but it required a few unrelated Leon patches to
gcc, so it is not available as a sample). Also, Per has submitted a working
bare-metal multi-lib ARM EABI sample yesterday, which means that the
multi-lib support (in crosstooll-NG) if operational.

Basically, it looks like the culprit here is, at least partially, in the gcc
code. It can also be the case that we incorrectly drive the gcc ./configure
and/or make, of course.

This is why I announced it a 'initial support for multi-lib'. The code path
is known to (rather more than less) work. Yes, I could have been more explicit
by stating that there were yet some issues and restrictions.

This means there are still some changes to do to make it ubiquitous, and that
will have to be done is the release cycle(s) to come.

Although I will be working on this on my side, it's not a top-priority for me.
So: patches and .config welcome! ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |