From: Jim Norton <jimnorton@jimnorton.org>
To: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 3:23:06 AM
Subject: First time user - basic question

Hello,

I've googled around and I'm still a bit unsure about how to use my cross-chain
tool when it's done being built.

I'm in the process of running ct-ng build. When that is finished, what are the
steps to actually compile a project?

I read the docs/5 using.txt file. It is really as simple as adding the cross
compiler bin directory to the path and then setting CROSS_COMPILE env variable?

When those two things are done do I simply invoke gcc or cc as normal and/or use
makefiles as normal? And is it the CROSS_COMPILE env variable that tells gcc/cc
what compiler to actually use?

Sorry if this seems really basic....

Thank you,
Jim