Re: crosstool 1.9.1

* Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:

Hi,

> That being said, if you really need the sysroot to be at the top of the
> toolchain install dir, and you do not mix toolchains, then you could symlink
> it after the build:
>   ln -s arm-iwmmxt-linux-gnueabi/sys-root sysroot

It would be nice having a knob for letting ctng do that automatically.

I'm always using an normalized installation scheme, where each toolchain
(I got dozens, often for the same target tuple) lives entirely under its
own prefix, and the structure beyond it alway is the same (eg. always have
$CT_TOOL/bin/cc, etc and sysroot in $CT_TOOL/sys-root). And the actual
toolchain commands go through a little wrapper script which adds the
proper sysroot parameter (taken from $SYSROOT env var).

For now I'm still doing this mostly manually (assisted by some scripts),
but it would be really nice if ctng could do this completely itself.
Perhaps some "Normalized toolchain layout" switch ? ;-)

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666