Re: Patching kernel headers

Hi Yann, All,
?
Thank you very much for your promptly reply. Please, let me to explain why I want to patch linux kernel.
?
I asked earlier for the help in resolving the problem with building xtools for the misp-unknown-linux-uclibc target, mips2 architecture, 32 bit, Big Endian, no threads. Arnaud and you helped me to resolve the problem since Arnaud sent me a patch to do that successfully.
?
I?am using xtools for the purpose of executing MIPS?binaries on x86 linux machine.?
?
However, I noticed the problem with some system level simulation issues, they are related to values in fcntl.h file.
?
Actually, those values /x-tools/mips-unknown-linux-uclibc/mips-unknown-linux-uclibc/include/bits/fcntl.h?are hexadecimal values, whilst in /usr/include/bits/fcntl.h on x86 linux machine are octal values, and unfortunately they are not the same for all flags.
?
Since I would like to have the same values for the flags in /x-tools/mips-unknown-linux-uclibc/mips-unknown-linux-uclibc/include/bits/fcntl.h? like they are on my x86 linux PC in /usr/include/bits/fcntl.h, I thought that changed in linux kernel in xtool could resolve problem.
?
Then, I experienced the problem with recompiling the xtool since change in linux kernel version caused the crash in building in step Installing GMP (I sent you and on mailing list two records about that). The solution for this was to update linux on my PC and rebuilding was successful again.
?
Researching in the Internet I found out that there is no change in fcntl.h file in linux kernel version for mips, so changing linux kernel version in xtool won't help me to get fcntl.h the same like on x86 linux machine.
?
So, my question is related to find out is there any chance that by some patch on the side of xtool could help me to resolve the above mentioned problem with the flags value in fcntl.h file?

Thank you very much for your help and your time.
?
Kind regards
?
Milan