Re: powerpc build failing with "ld: -lgcc not found"

Yann,

thank you for coming back.

Am 2010-08-18 22:35, schrieb Yann E. MORIN:
> Look at the build.log file (there is the full path in the error message)
> and see what exact command was failing.

Ok, I already looked into the log file. What I have posted is
a stripped down essential (at least I thought so).

> What you see on screen is just
> an overview of the build logs, but all gets sent to the build.log file.

Understood.

> Try to infer from that (eg. by using Google).

:-( already done, this is why I am trying the list

> Then, you can paste your complete build.log file on some pastebin, and
> send the pointer to this list.

Uhm, I guess you mean the last few lines before the failure.
I do not know of a pastebin that can handle 20 MB of data.
If you can point me to one I will surely do so.

Here are the lines surrounding the error:

http://www.pastebin.org/606408

What I can see so far: the switch -nostdlib prevents searching along
the built in paths. So where is the linker expected to find -lgcc ?

What else puzzles me is why this can happen to a built in
example setup? What is different with my environment?

Regards,
Roland