Re: crosstool-ng 1.7.0: Problem with custom kernel headers and building gcc

Hello,

On Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:28 PM Yann E. MORIN wrote:
On Wednesday 09 June 2010 17:30:00 Andy Gibbs wrote:
I'm using the latest (1.7.0) version of crosstool-ng. I don't think there's
anything very exciting in my configuration,

Your .config, or better your complete build.log, would be nice to have...

Ah, I'm afraid the relevant build.log file has been swallowed up since I tried a number of things afterwards - sorry! However, I have attached the .config file to this email for you. If you need the full log, I can try to recreate it for you?

OK, that is an issue. The tarball you point to should contain the include/ directory of the *already* sanitised headers.

Usign your kernel source tree, you should prepare the tarball thus:
 # tar xjf linux-2.6.tar.bz2
 # cd linux-2.6
 # make ARCH=powerpc INSTALL_HDR_PATH=$(pwd)/hdr headers_install
 # tar cjf my-linux-2.6-headers.tar.bz2 -C hdr include

And then you use point crostool-NG to use my-linux-2.6-headers.tar.bz2

That's great: that's solved the problem and all compiled without any futher hiccups except for an error "problem compiling FC test program" which I've read elsewhere should be ignored as something to do with Fortran which I'm not using...

Also, while I'm here, the other problem I have is that every time I do a
"ct-ng build" it rebuilds everything from scratch - i.e. GMP, MPFR, etc -
even though these built completely the previous time. Is there any way of
turning off this behaviour?

No, there's none. [...]

Not to worry!

HTH...