is it possible to use crosstool-ng to target an existing sysroot.

I have a fakeroot/sysroot that is from a distro and supports a native compiler of the same version I want to crossroot.
Rather than generate Linux and glibc headers (and a new glibc), I'd like to point the remainder of the cross build to use this existing sysroot.
Can I do this with crosstool-ng or do I need to do it manually?

-JX