Re: Java Compiler Build Failure

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 09:37:20 matti kaasinen wrote:
> But I managed getting further by increasing VirtualBox RAM size to
> 800MB. Unfortunately it failed again to gcj internal error which does
> not sound very promising as there is not too much RAM to increase
> anymore.

I just tested on my machine, an x86_64 Debian Lenny. The maximum memroy
used by a complete crostool-NG build with Java enabled was:
  VSZ ~= 535MiB
  RSS ~= 335MiB

This is not really meaningful, as it does not take into account the fact
that part of that memory is allocated to shared libraries. But it gives
a global average of the required memory. As a wild guess, I'd say that at
least 1GiB is required for a sucessfull gcc-4.4.3 build with java.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.