Re: Error building PowerPC Toolchain with Crosstool-NG in Cygwin

Yann

This was suggested by someone on the crossgcc list and installing zip fixed it. I then tried again and DUMA failed. Unfortunately, I neglected to save the build.log file before restarting the build with DUMA turned off to see if the ncurses issue was also a zip issue. It is building now. I will post the build.log file when it is done.

Jeff

From: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:27 AM
To: "Jeff Gilton" <jgilton@cinci.rr.com>
Cc: <crossgcc@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Error building PowerPC Toolchain with Crosstool-NG in Cygwin

Jeff, All,

On Sunday 09 May 2010 20:54:32 Jeff Gilton wrote:
Here is the full build file. Any help is appreciated.

Extract form your build.log:
[ALL ] checking for powerpc-405-linux-gnu-ranlib...
/home/jeff/x-tools/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/bin/ranlib
[ALL ] checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
[ALL ] checking for jar... no
[ALL ] checking for fastjar... no
[ALL ] checking for gjar... gjar
[ALL ] checking for zip... no
[ALL ] checking for unzip... /usr/bin/unzip
[ALL ] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
[--SNIP--]
[ERROR] configure: error: cannot find neither zip nor jar, cannot continue
[ERROR] make[2]: *** [configure-target-libjava] Error 1

To me it looks quite clear: you're missing either one or both of 'zip' and
'jar'. Install that and start again. Also, as Dave pointed out earlier,
you would even be better disabling Java.

Also, the build.log when DUMA fails and ncurses fail would be interesting
to look at. This one does not tell why they fail.

Cygwin is not something that I test a lot, as I seldom have access to a
windows machine. So there can be rough edges here and there.

Regards.
Yann E. MORIN.

| Yann E. MORIN | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
| +33 662 376 056 | Software Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN | ___ |
| +33 223 225 172 `------------.-------: X AGAINST | \e/ There is no |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | _/*\_ | / \ HTML MAIL | v conspiracy. |