Re: Convert file .config

Uwe, All,

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 091456 Uwe Papengut wrote:
> I installed crosstool-ng 1.6.0 succesfully on my Mac and I like to
> compile an C program for an embedded System. I got an old .config file
> for crosstool-ng 1.3.2 from my vendor. How can I migrate this .config
> file to version 1.6.0?

There is no provision to re-use old .config files.

Your best bet would be to install crosstool-NG-1.3.2, look at the
configuration, and replicate the same in 1.6.0.

Be aware that between 1.3.2 and 1.6.0, some versions of the components (gcc,
glibc...) have been removed, some marked as obsolete (so hidden behind the
OBSOLETE config option), and new versions have been added. Also, the
patchsets have been updated. You might not be able to reproduce the exact
same toolchain with 1.6.0 that you got with 1.3.2.

Regarding the port to MacOS-X, I still have the patches lying around on
my disk. I am not completely happy with those, and I need to think about
that a bit more in detail before I push them upstream. This takes a bit
of time as I have a lot of other stuff to do (not necessarily about
crosstool-NG).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |