Re: Split patch for Mac OS/ was Re: Help with Building toolchain with crosstool-ng on Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)

Hello Yann, all,
Am 20.02.2010 um 21:33 schrieb Yann E. MORIN:
>> I would even recommend to delete the line to make it consistent
>> with readlink not being checked for as well, and because I
>> cannot think of any nonbroken system without stat.
>> What do you think of this?
>
> I'd say that we should check for readlink also. This is an omission.
I still do not see the point.
For what do you want to check? Existence or GNU compatibility?
If the former then I'd say it's purely gratuitious, if the latter
then I cannot see a reasonable way to BSD compatibility.
And then there would be find,ls,uname,...
Where would you draw the line?

Regards
Titus