Re: using crosstool ng for building win32 hosted cross compiler

On Sunday 02 August 2009 12:15:23 Remy Bohmer wrote:
> 2009/8/2 Björn Schneider <brogon@palandor.net>:
> > I'd like to ask you, whether you had success in bribing crosstool-ng
> > into building win32-runnable crosscompilers?
> Well, my colleague (Bart van der Meulen) has been working on it and he
> has posted patches for getting this to work.
> Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, these patches were ignored by
> the mailing-list server,

Not too sure about the issue, as I don't own the list. What's sure is that
HTML messages are dropped. Maybe some encodings are dropped too. There's
currently no size-limit (or it is high enough).

> but the crosstool-ng maintainer (Yann E.
> MORIN) has received them, and I thought they were part of the latest
> mercurial tree already. If not, you could ask Bart to assist you ;-)

Yes, they are in! Just clone the tree, and you'll get canadian support.
Note though that this is the development tree, and no release has yet
been done with this feature, so there might yet be some quirks to fix...

> > *sigh* why can't it be alike on every system?--The crosscompiler was
> > built on my Linux box in about 30 min. (15 configuration & downloads, 15
> > compiling). :-/
> Well, you want to run it on Windows... Doesn't that explain enough? ;-))))

Hehe! ;-)

> The current method to build a Windows hosted cross-compiler is to
> build it on Linux.

Seems so, yes. I don't do windows, unless I have a gun pointed onto my
forehead, so I am not really of any help in this domain... Sorry. :-(

> > Anyway, did you have any success?
> I did not put much time in it, Bart did an he has it working.

Yes, Bart told me he successfully build on Linux a mingw-hosted
cross-compiler for (can't remember the target).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |