crosstool-ng: sstrip from buildroot no longer possible using svn

Hi!

Recently the uClibc, buildroot and busybox folks migrated to git from Subversion. So the fetch method for the (extremely useful) sstrip tool is no longer available.

I tried changing from svn to git clone, but iirc git does not allow subtree clones.

The sstrip in buildroot is a big-endian friendly patched version of the original sstrip from elfkickers.  Maybe someone (me?) should take it upon themselves to host the sstrip tool in a convenient way (git-repo + tarball releases) outside of buildroot?

Another option could be to keep a source copy of sstrip in the crosstool-ng tree.

Let's see if we can brainstorm something useful!

Regards
 /Joachim