Re: [crosstool-ng] eglibc and option-groups

Nye,
All,

On Thursday 07 May 2009 23:18:45 Nye Liu wrote:
> Has anybody played with eglibc's option-groups.defaults or
> option-groups.config?
> Any ideas how best to integrate it cleanly into ct-ng?
> The main detail is that option-groups.config is expected to be in
> $(objdir) ... i.e. targets/[blah]/build/*libc*/, whereas
> options-groups.defaults is used in situ (srcdir)

This is a config file for eglibc. Curently, it is taken as-is.
Handling it the same way uClibc handles its config file seems
reasonable to me.

For uClibc, there is no default config file. The user is expected to
give one. For eglibc, we can be a little smarter:

1) add an option asking the user if he/she has a config file
   - if so, prompt for a path to that config file

2) in the build script, function do_libc_check_config:
   - if a config file was specified in menuconfig,
     - copy that one to ${FTX_CONFIG_DIR}/eglibc.config
   - if no config file was specified in menuconfig,
     - copy the default one to ${FTX_CONFIG_DIR}/eglibc.config
       (for the sake of homogeneity)

3) in the build script, functions do_libc_start_files and do_libc:
   - copy ${FTX_CONFIG_DIR}/eglibc.config to objdir, ie. $(pwd)

Note: you may wonder why we copy the file in the first place to
${FTX_CONFIG_DIR}, when it is copied a second time to objdir?
Because of restartable builds. If we have to munge the eglibc
config file for our own internal use, it must be available if
we restart the build later... And even if we don't munge it,
let's do things the same way everywhere, it's easier...

BTW, I've unmark eglibc being EXPERIMENTAL. For Debian to switch to
eglibc (see: http://blog.aurel32.net/?p=47 ), we can safely assume
that it is stable enough! ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

PS. Tomorrow is off in France, so that will be a looong WE.
    I'll be on vacation, and totaly unreachable until monday,
    and starting about... right now!
    "Party time! Excellent!" :-)
YEM.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |