Re: [crosstool-NG] Design discussion

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 05:45:30PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Sunday 05 April 2009 12:44:41 nyet wrote:
> > Rob Landley wrote:
> > > I need to
> > > download the new version of crosstool-ng in the morning, fight with
> > > getting it installed again, and pick up from here.
> >
> > svn update
> > ./configure --local
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > done.
>
> A) Your definition of "done" does not involve having actually configured or
> built a toolchain yet.  This "done" is equivalent to "I just extracted the
> tarball" in any other project.
>
> B) What other project has both ./configure and menuconfig?  Generally, you
> have one or the other, not both.

PTXdist (and this project is worth to check as well;
http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/index_en.html). And without looking
at crosstool-ng source too closely, it looks like ./configure and menuconfig
are used in the same way. So ./configure && make is used to build the tool itself
and menuconfig serves to configure toolchain options. Doesn't it seem reasonable
enough solution?

Best regards,
	ladis