Re: Non-working arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi toolchain (gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5)

On Oct 30, 2007, at 7:02 AM, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 02:15:52PM +0100, Arvid Brodin wrote:

That did the trick! Wonderful!

Should I report this as a bug to the arm gcc ports project? (And in that
case, would that project be the same as the "GCC ARM Improvement
Project" on http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/gcc-arm/index.php?)

gcc 4.1 EABI generates ARMv5 code by default. This choice was probably made for a good reason, so I wouldn't call this a bug per se, but I guess it can't hurt to ask on their mailing list what the reason is (I don't know the reason.)

I think this processor is based on ARMv4T architecture. GCC's default is ARMv5t for EABI targets, one reason is that all EABI requirements are well met besides others.

Anyway as it seems then your toolchain is targetting wrong architecture.
You should build toolchain for armv4t

if there is no combo readily available then you can create one.

in the new .dat file you should add --with-arch=armv4t --with- cpu=arm9tdmi --with-tune=arm9tdmi (or some such whatever is closer to your target CPU) to GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG variable.

Khem Raj MontaVista