Re: Email-Adresses in clear text

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 08:24:21AM -0400, Heilpern, Mark wrote:
>Perhaps I understand the reluctance to discuss this important and
>sensitive issue in public. From the sourceware FAQ, it seems that
>keeping your information private is a money making venture:
>
>" However, it is possible to have your sensitive information removed
>from the archives for a fee designed to cover the time taken to perform
>this activity. Send email to postmaster for details."
>
>If it were not intended to be a means to make money, I would expect that
>information to be automatically masked from the beginning or, at the
>very least, in response to being notified of this very unpopular
>behavior.

You're being hyperbolic.  *Three* people responded out of 709
subscribers.  And, no one cared enough to send email about the subject
to the mailing list I mentioned which would make decisions about this.

I gave you a forum to voice your complaint which is read by people who
could ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  Backslapping each other about the
awfulness of this situation here is pointless.  Discussing site policy
in the *crossgcc* mailing list is cleary unproductive and off-topic.

And, for your information, I've already raised this issue in that list.
I'm proposing that we get rid of these archives entirely.

I guess that means I should start sending out bills to everyone whose
email address I remove.  That's good news for me.  When the checks start
rolling in I can retire and not have to deal with tiresome email
discussions like this.

cgf