Off Topic: Finally installing Linux, sugestions for distos?

I'm not much of a GUI guy as long as I have a terminal session I"m usually happy. But I do like to do stuff by GUI sometimes.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just wanted to get a little input from other developers. I think I need a real Linux system to do this development. I do enjoy the fact that I've been able to do so much on this system so far with Cygwin, and it's already somewhat of a "Cygborg" (running sshd, inetd, crond, syslogd, etc.etc.)

Thanks,
Daniel
--

dd if=/dev/zero of=/ram/awsomeswap bs=1024 count=16384
mkswap -v0 /ram/awsomeswap 16384