Re: Softfloat arm-gcc with hardfloat libgcc ?

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 04:14, Michael K. Edwards wrote:
> On 5/10/06, Bridge Wu <mingqiao.wu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think you should add "--without-fp" option to GCC_CORE and GCC
> > configure. It is in crosstool.sh.
>
> --without-fp goes in GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG; it is an option to glibc's
> configure.  --with-float=soft is correct for GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG.  My
> guess is that your GCC was bootstrapped with glibc headers that had
> been configured without --without-fp.  If you also want C++, there are
> other flags that you will need; if you want both soft-float and CPU
> tuning for C++, you may need the "eval" hack contained in the NPTL/TLS
> support patch that I posted last week.

GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG and GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG are set this way. With 3.3
toolchain, gcclib still contains some hardware fp instruction while with
3.4.5 it is working. Well, at least the message doesn't show up, and
u-boot with nand support is running fine.

I will look at the archive for the hack you mentionned, thank you

JP Francois.