Re: arm gnueabi problem with tls.

--- Steve Papacharalambous <stevep@freescale.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I've managed to build an arm eABI nptl toolchain, with a toolchain
> prefix of arm-linux-gnueabi, using the following sources:
>
> - gcc-4.1.0
> - glibc-2.4
> - glibc-ports-2.4
> - linux-2.6.16.1 headers
> - binutils snapshot: binutils-060410
> - crosstool-0.42
>
> I used the patch submitted by Khem Raj to crossgcc on Thu, 09 Mar 2006
> with one change for glibc-2.4.
>
> The change to Khem's patch is to copy pthreadtypes.h from glibc ports
> for arm architectures when using glibc-2.4.  I've attached the modified
> patch to this email.

I was having problems with 2.4 so I'm now back to using a recent snapshot.

> Other patches needed to glibc-2.4 were:
>
> - make-install-lib-all.patch  This is the patch applied by crosstool to
> recent glibc builds.
>
> - A patch to disable as and ld version checking in the configure script
> as a snapshot of binutils was used in the build.  This is a temporary
> hack to workaround the issue of using a snapshot of binutils for this
> particular toolchain, and will _not_ be used as a permanent fix.

I patched configure to check for a snapshot version number and replace it with
2.16.99.9 if it finds it.

Did you build a final glibc with the final compiler? I was missing unwind
symbols: _aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0 etc, maybe one of the patches fixed this? Maybe
it only happens with iWMMXt? I added the symbols to LIB1ASMFUNCS in
arm/t-bpapi, I do not know if that is the appropriate file, maybe someone can
advise?

Anyway, congratulations!

Steve