Re: armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu toolchain compilation

cyril Romain wrote:
After a deeper look at log files, crossdev actually install cross-glibc headers into /usr/include instead of /usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/include !!!
Cross-glibc libraries are installed correctly though (in usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib).

Ok, here is a pseudo-solution to the problem:
Thanks to the help of the Gentoo embedded IRC guys, the glibc succeed to compile and installed correctly (at least quite correctly). The following line did the trick:

ROOT=/usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/ USE="arm" emerge cross-armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/glib

Headers are correctly installed in /usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/include, but libs are installed in /usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib instead of
/usr/armv5te-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib. So I moved them manually to the right directory.

Someone suggested to try "emerge -B program ; ROOT=/blar emerge -K program". Maybe I will try it tomorrow to see if it both installs headers and libs correctly.

So I don't know if it is a bug from crossdev or from the ebuilds. Anyway you seem to be the right person to report it :)

As you might guess, this completely messed up my system. Fortunately it was a chrooted environment.

Someone said to me that crossdev could not work in chrooted environment, while others affirmed that's not a problem.
Can it be the cause of the problem ?

Regards,

Cyril