Re: local patches feature

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 12:41:52PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> If someone feels like digging up or rewriting the 'local patches
> patch' that lets each site add its own set of patches off to the side,
> I'd probably apply it. I agree it's a useful feature for sites to be
> able to add their own features without having to copy the feature
> patches into crosstool's patches directory.

You should also consider to use a quilt like patch stack mechanism to
manage the patch order; you don't need quilt do do so, just some simple
shell script which reads a series file and applies the patches in the
same order as they are written there.

Marc has done some very cool double-quilt hacks, to manage crosstool
patches in ptxdist patches without having to read patches-against-
patches. Might be something for crosstool as well, but he is on vacation
on monday, so don't expect his usual 24-h-a-day reaction time :-)

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9