RE: autoconf.h and a cygwin toolchain

Wedde, Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you very much, the patch did the trick !
>
> In fact, I read the crosstool-howto very often, but yesterday it didn't
> came in my mind that I already knew something about this bugfix ;)
>
> However, I attach a link to a screen of that error-box I mentioned, and
> it is not a "simply box with a memory address" as I said, it is an
> application error of "conf.exe" (I must be frustrated yesterday...):
> http://tinypic.com/kdu1xx.gif

$c00000ba == STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY.

  Um.  Have you possibly got a directory called "something.dll" getting in the
way?  Otherwise you may have to use NtFilemon (from www.sysinternals.com) to
try and see what file it thinks its trying to open when it gets that error.

> One thing I also want to add is that a "make menuconfig" is also not
> possible in cygwin, because there is only one console window allowed
> there (but maybe there is a way to do this, which I do not know).

  That's simply not true.  You can open as many console windows simultaneously
as you like, and "make menuconfig" works just fine.  Look, I'll try it right
now: see?  It worked![*]

 cheers,
      DaveK

[*] Ok, I am aware that this practical demonstration might not be too
convincing in a text-only post...