Re: GCC-4.0.2 on Cygwin

Brian Rose wrote:

Brian Dessent wrote:

Brian Rose wrote:

Note: I am an embedded developer who has spent the better part of 10 years
doing VxWorks and a little WinCE. So feel free to get technical. Its just
that I am relatively inexperienced with open source software on the Cygwin
platform and I am not used to having to build my own tools.

Try running the failing gcc command with -v to see what it's doing. Is it calling the correct 'as'?

I added a -v to the FLAGS_FOR_TARGET and I see the following line before the error now,

/home/brose/rtems/tools/m68k-elf/bin/as.exe -m68040 -o libgcc/m68040/_fixunsdfsi.o /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/brose/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccghXdpv.s

So it looks like the correct assembler is being called. But then I do 'as --version' and I see that "This assembler has been configured for a target of 'i686-pc-cygwin'. So it looks like when I built my binutils, it made the incorrect as.

How do I point GCC to the correct as? I'm guessing there is a configure option?

OK here is where I get all confused. I am building a gcc in order to use that gcc to build m68k-elf programs. So when I am building the gcc, my target *should* be i686-pc-cygwin, correct? Because this gcc that I am building will *run* on my Cygwin PC.

I have a process which I worked out which I am trying to update. This worked for binutils 2.15 and gcc 3.4.2. I just want to update it to the current tools, and I am getting these errors.

You can see the old process at http://brianrose.net/columns/CrossToolsWin32.html

--

Brian