Re: can build toolchain in two steps, but not one

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Dan Kegel wrote:

Dan Kegel wrote:

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
If there's a bug in the kernel, it should be fixed.  Period.

I should have added: this has nothing to do with crosstool.

ok, maybe i'm thoroughly confused about one critical point -- is it actually a bug that the arch-dependent makefile (eg., arch/sh/Makefile) sets the compile options -m3 and (perhaps) -mb?

Yes, but ...

is that bad design on the part of the kernel programmers?

IMHO, its not the fault of the kernel programmers. The problem seems to be that the GCC compiler has changed these options in more recent (GCC-4) versions.

I've been thinking about submitting the ARM patch, but I'd
like to have a solution that works for "all" versions of GCC,
and I'm not sure about how that can be accomplished.

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
 and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1