Re: SH3 build, and why i care.

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  we have liftoff.  i (appear to) have a successful build of an SH3
toolchain with the following parts (constructed on an FC4 system with
gcc-4.0.1):

	gcc = 4.0.1
	glibc = 2.3.5
	binutils = 2.16.1
	linux-libc-headers = 2.6.12.0

i took the kernel issue off the table entirely by unsetting both
LINUX_DIR and KERNELCONFIG.  so i cheated.  so sue me.

Unsetting LINUX_DIR should have no effect, once you've set LINUX_SANITIZED_HEADER_DIR and unset KERNELCONFIG.

You're not cheating.  Nobody's going to sue you.
We just wish you would take a little more time to understand things.

  why i'm doing this is i'd like to build my own linux system for the
HP jornada 680/690, which is SH3-based.  if anyone here has done this
and wants to chat offline, by all means, drop me a note.

  this project is documented at http://jlime.com, but the online docs
are kind of scattered and i'm having trouble following along.  it's
not even clear that you *need* to supply your own toolchain.

  i've used openembedded to rebuild the image for my sharp zaurus
SL-6000.  now i'm on to the jornada.

Now that you've figured out how to get a toolchain built, perhaps you could help them update http://jlime.com/docs/crosstool.txt to reflect what you learned.

Good luck & have fun!

- Dan