Re: Cygwin and crosstool! (vmlinux.lds.asm problem with 2.6.12.5 case-insensitive build patch from crosstool)

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:33:06AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> [...]

FWIW, I have just, in the last 48 hours, built two kernels using managed
mode without any patches at all.  One was ppc based one was a standard
x86 kernel.

The complaint about the "overhead" involved in managed mode has been
made before but I really wouldn't expect it to be noticeable either in
terms of the extra characters which are added to files with upper
case characters or in extra processing overhead.

FILE_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS (or using nt-specific functions) gets raised
almost every time someone mentions managed mode.  I don't think that you
will find it to be a generic solution.

cgf
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org