Re: Hi, asking for help regarding alpha-coff.

Kai Ruottu wrote:
Dan Kegel kirjoitti:

Abhijit Ray wrote:

Just wanted to ask, if you built a cross compiler generating
alpha-coff binaries on a linux(x86 ) host machine ?

 This doesn't say much about the $target system... More precision
please !  I remember 'alpha-dec-osf*' and maybe some very old
Linuces just as the old 'alpha-cygwin' and 'alpha-mingw' using
COFF (the Windows/Alpha's using the 'PE' extension for COFF...)

What I want is to generate alpha-coff binaries. More specifically I
wanted to use the simulatoir available at simplescalar.com which for
alpha seems to accept only alpha-coff bianries. I am not sure which one
will work. I tried building binutils with alpha-coff-osf4 as target ,
which succeeded but failed when i tried to install gcc.

On a side note the executable compiler generated by Kegel's script for powerpc-405 doesn't seem to run on psim, which comes with gdb.

What I ultimately want is a compiler-toolchain + simulator pair for
any processor(RISC) other than ARM. I found simplescalar.com for alpha
but don't have the toolchain. Similarly powerpc toolchain built using
kegel's script produces binary which doesn't run on psim. Any help with
this would be appreciated too.

Thanks,
Abhijit