C++ exceptions and powerpc-unknown-eabi cross compilers

Hi,

Does support for C++ exceptions depend on the particular target GCC is
built for?

I have been building gcc for powerpc-unknown-eabi for a while and I have
been trying to get exceptions to work on our embedded target (which uses
a commercial RTOS).  The compiler builds, my program builds and runs,
but when it throws an exception it crashes inside the libgcc exception
code and apparently it cannot find the exception frame.  Is exception
handling disabled/unimplemented for powerpc-unknown-eabi targets, or
should I look elsewhere for the problem.

I did not use crosstool to build gcc, but I suspect that this list is
the best place to ask.

Thanks in advance,
--
Richard Sewards