Re: building for mips target glibc-headers target

So if i understand this properly.

I can patch my crosstool with the sanitized headers patch
I can then download this and save it somewhere so get&patch does not get it
I should then run corsstool as usual with the SANITIZED_LINUX_DIR variable set

LINUX_SANITIZED_HEADER_DIR :)

Other than that, you are correct. (remark #2 is a matter of choice, though. getandpatch should be able to download it)

I should still let the install-glibc-headers section in the crosstool.sh run

Glibc-headers and kernel-headers are complementary, so yes you should leave it in. However there is a parallel discussion going on here about whether we need that separate glibc-headers step. Apparently in some cases it is possible to build a core-gcc without the glibc-headers.

when it finishes I should have a toolchain with the following
binutils 2.15.96
glibc 2.3.4
gcc 3.4.3

I can then use this toolchain to build a 2.6.11.6 kernel for my target

Short answer: yes
Long answer:
Any 2.6.x kernel really. If you would have used gcc-3.3.x you could also have built a linux-2.4.x kernel with the same toolchain. Building the kernel is not the greatest issue. But (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) the programs you compile with this toolchain will not run under a 2.4 kernel. The libc version and kernel headers version mainly affect on what system(s) your programs will run, not what you can or cannot compile with it.

Arno

np: Dream Theater - The Great Debate