Re: i386 to x86_64 Issues

Dan Kegel wrote:
 >  www.kaear.co.uk/personal/kaear/crosscompile.info

If that's a plain text file, can you give it a suffix of .txt
so browsers can deal with it?

My apologies, I wasn't thinking straight. File renamed to:

www.kaear.co.uk/personal/kaear/crosscompile.info.txt

What version of gcc? 3.3.x had this problem with lib64; 3.4.x don't.

Desired tools:

gcc  3.4.1
glibc  2.3.3

Initial build tools (Slack10 stock tools):

gcc  3.3.4
glibc  2.3.2

If you have to use 3.3.x, maybe this will help:
Cort Dougan sent in a kludge to help this; add the following
section near line 440 of crosstool.sh (I'm testing this in
the next release of crosstool now):

Ah! Is that perhaps the problem? Gcc 3.3.4 not enjoying the attempt at building a cross-compiler? Luckily I don't *have* to use anything, it's all a matter of what works best.

Thank you for the lightening quick response!

- Piete.