Re: glibc-2.3.3 failing

Hi Lennert
Glad you share the same view.
Any reason you dont put up a nice web front to your effort.
I do lots of web searches and never hit it.

Guess what your saying is not much hope of getting NPE support on 425.

There other comment you made on MIPS, I'm current looking at Cavium and
the Octeon based boards. Since they have a whole lot of very good silicon.
Actually MIPS in embedded seems to be very very popular, its just companies
use closed support linux policies which I find aggravating. So the number of true
MIPS based is hidded from view. (Have to crack open alot of routerers switch etc
to find them).

So I guess let me ask you a question, right now I'm looking at building a
"Open-Source" RAID. (Very interesting file-systems in the supercomputer world for the product),
and blade ARRAY servers based on the product. Even thinking about a small "PC" like the
newest apple that would give you a 16 Processor array at a cheap price plus dual vga etc.

The company seems to have done some work, (Cavium) but I dont think it makes sense unless its
well supported by open source.

if you want some ideas of what I'm proposing, go back a couple of entries in my blog mentalpagingspace.blogspot.com
and your start getting the idea.

Actually starting to get some interest from a couple of fronts, and it may be that we share some of the same interest.

I've sucked down you distro, and will start playing with it to get a feel.

Also is there any "comments" from the group on how well "MIPS" is doing.

I dont currently have MIPS hardware, but that I think will be resolved soon.

At 09:55 AM 2/24/2005, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 08:25:39AM +0800, Glenn West wrote:

> lol. cute.
> any reason you in love with fedora verses debian.

Debian's ARM port only supports little endian, and I needed a distro,
so since I was more familiar with Fedora I thought that would be easier.
Apart from that, no particular reason. :)

> Since fedora does not seem to be very "cross" processor till now.

i386, x86_64, ppc, ia64, s390 and alpha as far as I understand.  More
'exotic' archs like mips will probably never be supported since there
are not a lot of people with the hardware anymore.

> Also what about the NPE's, that going to hurt a bit.

They are actually quite easy to program, once you get the hang of it.
I hope to have an open source driver for the IXP2000 out soon.

cheers, Lennert