Re: Building toolchain with Cirrus Logic MaverickCrunch support

hi !

Is it possible to build a softfloat toolchain? when this dose not work then
there is somthing other wrong ....

i compiled my toolchanin but i have no time to test, i have no time to bring
crunch engine into kernel 2.6.10 on which kernel I work now on ep93xx.

i succesfully build crossgcc crosstool-0.28-rc37, gcc-3.4.1, glibc-2.3.2, with
maverik crunch support, like Grant Likely mentioned.

the only change what i have done is that I work on EP93xx Kernel 2.6.
so i changed kernel 2.6.10 in crosstool not 2.4.21.

Testing and porting crunch to 2.6 is on my, and i think it is on Cirrus Logics
and other Cirrus Kernel 2.6 users roadmap, but no one had time to do that.

Maybe when cirrus logic releases its kernel 2.6 crunch support is in it.

I have build the toolchain to see if it works to build. Testing and porting
crunch to 2.6 comes in the future.

Sorry, i think this will help you not very much, but that is all i can do for
now.

My build script and files are:
#!/bin/sh
set -ex
export TARBALLS_DIR=$PWD/downloads
export RESULT_TOP=/opt//arm-linux-crunch
export TARBALLS_DIR RESULT_TOP
GCC_LANGUAGES="c,c++"
export GCC_LANGUAGES
mkdir -p $RESULT_TOP

# Really, you should do the mkdir before running this,
# and chown /opt/crosstool to yourself so you don't need to run as root.
mkdir -p /opt/crosstool

#eval `cat arm-softfloat.dat gcc-3.4.1-glibc-2.3.3-kernel2.6.10.dat` sh all.sh
--notest
eval `cat arm_2.6.10_crunch.dat gcc-3.4.1-glibc-2.3.3-kernel2.6.10.dat` sh
all.sh --notest

echo Done.

gcc-3.4.1-glibc-2.3.3-kernel2.6.10.dat:
BINUTILS_DIR=binutils-2.15
GCC_DIR=gcc-3.4.1
GLIBC_DIR=glibc-2.3.3
LINUX_DIR=linux-2.6.10
GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME=glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.3

arm_2.6.10_crunch.dat:
KERNELCONFIG=`pwd`/arm.config
TARGET=arm-linux-gnu
TARGET_CFLAGS="-O"
GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-cpu=ep9312 --enable-cxx-flags=-mcpu=ep9312"

--
mfg
Manfred Gruber

phone: 0043 / (0)5372 64121 25
fax: 0043 / (0)5372 64121 20

 ** Confidentiality Statement and Disclaimer **

** End of Statement **