Re: possible need for "no inline" patch from glibc-2.3.2?

Dan Kegel wrote:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

the above *is* the latest (weekly) snapshot, although the next one is
apparently due out any minute now, i'll give it another go with that
one.

Nah, I didn't notice you were using the latest, you're
up to date enough.

see if you can boil it down to a ten-line test case, and
append that to http://gcc.gnu.org/PR15398, maybe.
But one might also argue it's a glibc bug.  They'll
fix it one of these days, once enough people are using gcc4...

i'm not sure i'm *that* ambitious. :-)  i'm just seeing how bleeding
edge i can have the components and see how far the build gets.  and if
a patch is obvious, i'll apply it and try again.  beyond that, i'm
kind of in over my head.  at least for now.

You might at least add a comment at http://gcc.gnu.org/PR15398
saying that you're seeing it, too, and telling them how
to reproduce it (a one line description is fine if that's
all you have time for)

Oh, if you do append a comment there, be sure to say whether my patch was a satisfactory workaround, and give the url to the patch. - Dan