Re: Crosstool 0.28-rc37 and NPTL capable x86 toolchain

Stephen Warren wrote:
I'm attempting to use crosstool 0.28-rc37 to build a host=fedora core 2,
target=i686-unknown-linux-gnu toolchain - for the purposes of building
an x86 target image, using a toolchain divorced from the build system.

(Note: I'm aware that e.g. LFS uses a much more complex process than
simply building a cross-compiler, so as to divorce itself completely
from the host. I'm assuming that since crosstool forces a build of a
cross-compiler, it's equivalent. Still, I guess the built toolchain
still relies on the host system glibc and hence could be affected by
bugs there at runtime, but that's no worse than if I were building cross
to any other target I think?)

Anyway, I need NPTL support for my target. So, I attempted to apply
contrib/crosstool-0.28-rc34-nptl_fixes.patch. I ignored the errors to
all the config files (*.dat and related), manually fixed the reject to
getandpatch.sh, built my own config files and attempted to build.

My config files are:

nvidia-build-i686.sh
============================
#!/bin/sh
set -ex
TARBALLS_DIR=/home/swarren/src/tar
RESULT_TOP=/home/swarren/crosstool-nptl
export TARBALLS_DIR RESULT_TOP
GCC_LANGUAGES="c,c++"
export GCC_LANGUAGES
GLIBC_ADDON_NPTL=1
export GLIBC_ADDON_NPTL
mkdir -p $RESULT_TOP
eval `cat nvidia-i686.dat nvidia-gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.3.dat` sh all.sh --notest
When I run this, I get an error about undefined symbols _Unwind_Resume

It kinda sounds like the resulting toolchain was generated to use linuxthreads.

Lots of people want NPTL support, and I'm dying to get that
patch integrated and tested, but my life's a bit crazy
right now.  (And it just got a bit crazier today.)
If I'm real lucky, I'll get a day to work on this over Thanksgiving,
which isn't really enough.  Sigh...
- Dan