Re: compiling gdb to talk to cross-compiled gdbserver

Hi,

Once you have the gdbserver client compiled for your target platform,
there are two ways to use it.

Over the Serial Port run gdbserver on the target using the following
syntax:
gdbserver /dev/ttyS0 <remote-program>

On the host machine run:
mipsel-elf-gdb <remote-program>
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0

The other way is to use TCP/IP over a network connection.  You just
replace the tty device with the proper address and port parameters.  Check
the source code for details.  I haven't done it in a while so I don't
remember.

Hope this helps!
73,
Faisal Akber