RE: request: please update crosstool documentation/comments sothatone knows how to generate a statically-liked cross compiler

Hi Arno;

  Thank you for the tip.  I had read the archives relating to this
several times before I came to the same conclusion.  I had implemented
this manually in crosstool-0.25 in a clumsy way.  Dan suggested a much
cleaner way but I just couldn't see how to do it that way.  So now that
there are these *EXTRAS variables there (thanks Dan!) I added it to my
current config, which is currently:

#!/bin/sh

set -ex

BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG="LDFLAGS=-all-static"
GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="LDFLAGS=-static"

TARBALLS_DIR=/general/tools/gnu/arm9/crosstool/component_tarballs
RESULT_TOP=/general/tools/gnu/arm9/gcc_3.2.1

KERNELCONFIG=$PWD/arm.config
TARGET=arm-arm9-linux-gnu
TARGET_CFLAGS="-O"

BINUTILS_DIR=binutils-2.14.90.0.7

BINUTILS_URL=http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/devel/binutils

GCC_DIR=gcc-3.2.1

GLIBC_DIR=glibc-2.3.1

GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME=glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.1

LINUX_DIR=linux-2.4.21

export TARBALLS_DIR RESULT_TOP SRC_DIR KERNELCONFIG TARGET TARGET_CFLAGS
BINUTILS_DIR BINUTILS_URL GCC_DIR GLIBC_DIR LINUX_DIR
GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME

/bin/sh all.sh --notest

Thanks,
Ken