Re: Where does crosstool get its "kernel" includes?

Marius Groeger wrote:
@Dan,Alex: Why are you using sanitized headers anyway, other than that it is probably ideologically nicer, smaller, etc. towards the apps? I'm only using regular headers and never ran into serious problems.

There are a few apps that don't compile properly with regular kernel headers. IMHO the right thing to do is fix the regular kernel source; usually it's fairly simple. But the kernel developers are getting tired of doing this, I think, and they're planning on including a set of sanitized headers in include/linux/abi or something like that in the future.

The only reason I'm using the PLD headers at all is
because I was too lazy to figure out the real fix
for the real kernel headers a couple of times recently
when building programs that use low-level kernel headers
(like maybe generic scsi and ext2?  I don't recall exactly.)
- Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change