Re: Crosstool 0.28-rc34 , PXA255 and a freezing kernel

Jonas TÃrnstrÃm wrote:
-----Original Message----- From: Jean-Christophe Dubois
<jdubois@mc.com> To: Jonas TÃrnstrÃm <jonas.tarnstrom@repeatit.se> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:34:28 +0200 Subject: Re: Crosstool
0.28-rc34 , PXA255 and a freezing kernel

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 17:27, Jonas T=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=A4rnstr=C3=B6m ?= wrote:

Hi, I have problems with the kernel freezing (no crash, just
halting) at very early boot-stages just after the "POSIX Compliance
testing by UNIFIX" is printed out and probably in the "init"
function or when creating the kernel thread for it.

A few months ago, I was using an EPI JTAG debgger to write a boot loader for an XSCALE IXP425 platform, and had a similar issue. IIRC, the processes was hanging at the first system-call trap, and the problem was with the settings for the EPI debugger, wrt the debugger catching certain traps. Sorry I can't be more specific (old-man memory issues ;-)

-- Michael N. Moran (h) 770 516 7918 5009 Old Field Ct. (c) 678 521 5460 Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144 http://mnmoran.org

"... abstractions save us time working, but they don't
 save us time learning."
Joel Spolsky, The Law of Leaky Abstractions

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1