RE: crosstools cygwin woes

>>Michael D. Miller wrote:
>> I'm trying to run crosstools 0.28-rc25 under Cygwin.  I'm running under
>> Windows XP with the latest Cygwin files.  My target is a SH4.  The
>> initial tools build completes without any errors, but when I try to run
>> a make menuconfig I get a signal 11 in ld.  Relevant configuration
>> information is gcc version 3.4.0, glib version 2.3.2, kernel version
>> 2.6.6 and ld version 2.15.90.  Ld terminates in scripts/kconfig/mconf
>> with a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.  I've tried updating the native gcc to
>> 3.4.0 and checked to make sure I had the latest binutils.  Does anyone
>> have any ideas how to get menuconfig to run or what I might be doing
>> wrong?

>Dan Kegel wrote:
>First things first: don't call it glib, it's *glibc* :-)
>
>Second, look for the posting from asheth at ixiacom.com in the archive
>a week or two ago, June 15.  They tested with
>
>     - gcc 3.3.3
>	- glibc 2.3.2
>	- binutils 2.15
>	- Linux kernel headers 2.6.6
>
>Please give that a try.
>
>Third, I read recently of trouble building the linux
>kernel under cygwin.  I don't recall where I heard it,
>or whether a patch was available.
>Be sure to check the linux-sh mailing lists.
>- Dan

OK - gcc 3.3.3 and 2.4.24 menuconfig works.  Gcc 3.3.3 and 2.6.6 fails.  I'm
not sure based on his email that Ankur actually ran menuconfig.  Maybe Ankur
could give it a quick try or let us know if it worked for him?

My failure from 3.3.3 is slightly different.

$ make menuconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/split-include
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/mconf
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
scripts/kconfig/libkconfig.so(.text+0x0):crtstuff.c: multiple definition of
`___do_sjlj_init'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/crtbegin.o(.text+0x0):crtstuff.c:
first defined here
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/mconf] Error 1
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2

I tried some other things like make depend and had other issues like
argument list line length.  I think I'll just abandon Cygwin for now and go
back to Mandrake.

	Thanks,
	Mike